SelectScience Members can achieve membership status by writing product reviews. This helps other members to better understand the Reviewer's experience and expertise.
Status: No. Reviews Published: Member 0 1-4 5-14 15+ By Invitation
Reviewers are also encouraged to publish a 'public profile' so others can benefit from a further understanding of the Reviewer's applications and expertise.
Write a review today>>
Advanced ReviewerMembership Status
Member since: 2005
Organization: University of Tokyo
Application Area: enzyme assay
"I think that this system is easy to use. The wavelengths are changeable making the system applicable to many kinds of studies."
Member since: 2009
Organization: Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene, Maryland
"We use this reader for our immunoassays (ELISA) and also other enzymatioc assays (spectrophotometric), it has been a very good performer and we always get good reliable data. Being a Public Health Lab, we need reliable equipment that can perform well and this is the one that we would recommend for most assays."
Thermo Appliskan Multimode Microplate Reader is a filter-based multitechnology microplate reader for photometric, luminometric and fluorometric research applications.
The Appliskan features an onboard shaker, an incubator and up to two onboard dispensers and can work with 6- to 384-well plates.
Appliskan is a true multimode microplate reader capable of measuring Luminescence, Absorbance, Fluorescence Intensity, Fluorescence Polarization, and Time-Resolved Fluorescence in 6- to 384-well plates. Additionally, the Appliskan provides possibilities for dual-label measurements, such as BRET, FRET and TR-FRET assays.
Features of the Thermo Appliskan include:
• Excellent sensitivity with luminometric and Time-Resolved-Fluorescence applications
• Small footprint fits into even the most crowded laboratories
• Versatile Thermo Scientific SkanIt Software provides easy assay design, flexible data handling and convenient report formatting, even with challenging applications
• Numerous plate formats from 6- to 384-well
• Up to two dispensers for exact follow-up of kinetic reactions
• Fluorometric wavelength range�up to 820nm provides a high sensitivity and a wide linear dynamic range in all fluorometric applications, even with red-sensitive fluorochromes and demanding TR-FRET applications
Appliskan microplate reader provides the flexibility to carry out a wide range of microplate assay types, such as cytotoxicity, DNA analysis, immunoassays, multiplexing and protein activity, amongst many others.