Supercritical fluid extraction
is widely used in natural products, foods and flavors, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, polymers, chemicals, and parts cleaning industries.
The laboratory SFE scale sytems from Thar starts from 100mL up to 10L. Models can include co-solvent pump, fractionation and recycling.
SFE, utilizing CO2 instead of solvent-based or other existing technologies, has several advantages. Advantages of supercritical fluids SFE
- reduced organic solvent usage and disposal
- liquid CO2 is inexpensive
- reduced solvent removal time and energy
- higher throughput: lower viscosity and higher mass transfer coefficient
- faster equilibration, especially with chiral phases
- more gentle on stationary phases