Super Duncan Thermal Cyclers (DT-24 and DT-108)
|Adam Na Vidi|
See all reviews
Member since 2008
The Broad Institute of MIT & Harvard
Read more »
"Instrument can thermocycle 126 plates at once. Software is easy to use."
See all reviews
Member since 2006
Read more »
"Setup time is a bit long, and it may take a few days to get help if something goes awry, but this machine is great if you need to cycle large numbers of plates and want to conserve space."
KBiosystems DT-24 and DT-108 Thermal Cycling PCR systems are an alternative way of carrying out medium and high throughput PCR protocols on DNA replication and incubation to micro well format plates.
Conventionally peltier heat transfer units have been used to carry out these operations, these however can prove costly to increase productivity throughput and do not optimise the yield potential of carrying out such thermal operations.
KBiosystems DT range use a three tank water bath system to create the desired temperatures for all steps of the PCR process, our patented compression basket system allows the use of 96 well 384 well and even 1536 well PCR plates to be cycled without changing the basket or modifying the heater blocks as is currently required in peltier units. We use plate holders to maintain pressure and as a side effect of this we have found that once cycled the plates also remain flat for improved post PCR operations. The compression basket also allows the use of adhesive or easily removable seal for multiplex type operations.
The use of water and its heating characteristics have allowed KBiosystems to produce a considerable lower cost way of cycling more plates giving many savings.
- Energy used by the systems
- Cost of system change over between varying plates
- Area footprint of system
- Increased yield of post PCR product
- Decreased cycle times
There are two options available for the basket loading of the Mini Duncan:-
A standard weld seal basket:- this requires the plates to be heat sealed, by either a manual or automatic device. The plates are slotted into the basket approximate loading time for 24 plates is 3 minutes.
A compression basket:- allows the use of both heat sealed and sticky removable foils, on specified plates. The plates are placed in a metal mould, slotted into the basket in pairs face to face with silicon sheeting in between the faces. When basket is loaded a torque is used to apply the correct pressure, required to keep the plates rigid. Approximate loading time for 24 plates is 5 minutes, this also gives the added benefit of completely flat plates after processing.
- PCR protocol water bath thermal cycling systems
- Increased process yield
- Shorter process times with optimisation
- Easy interchange between 96, 384 and even 1536 well plates
- Patented compression basket technology
- DT-24 processes up tp 24 plates simultaneously
- DT-108 processes up to 108 plates simultaneously
- Sequencing protocol available
- Energy efficient
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries