SuperBlue Coomassie Stain G250
Protea's SuperBlue Coomassie stains are an excellent choice for visualizing proteins separated by SDS-PAGE gel electrophoresis.
Our SuperBlue G250 stain is a colloidal Coomassie formulation with a sensitivity of ~20-40 ng protein. As a colloidal stain, the SuperBlue G250 reacts only with proteins and not the gel itself, resulting in a reduced background staining that permits rapid visualization of the gel bands. Protea's SuperBlue R250 stain is a traditional Coomassie stain, with a sensitivity of ~20-40 ng. Because Coomassie stains interact stoichiometrically with protein in gels, they are useful for quantitation by densitometry. The SuperBlue G250 stain is available as a ready-to-use formulation, while the SuperBlue R250 stain is provided as a 10X concentrate solution.
- Sensitive - as low as 20 - 40 ng/band
- Non-fixative and fixative protocols available
- Useful for quantitation by densitometry
- Staining 1D and 2D SDS-PAGE gels
- Protein studies requiring non-fixative gel staining
- Densitometry studies for protein quantitation in SDS-PAGE gels
- Blue Liquid
- This product is for RandD use only; it is not for drug, household, or other uses.