In combination with the new various solid sampler, the AAS instruments made by Analytik Jena (novAA®, ZEEnit, contrAA®) are able to analyze solid samples directly without dissolution. The time-consuming sample preparation and the danger of contamination and loss of material to be analyzed are reduced to a minimum.
The sample only has to be comminuted and optionally homogenized and can than be analyzed directly. The samples are measured out by hand on reusable graphite platforms. The robot arm of the sampler transports the platform to the integrated microbalance. Subsequently, modifier solutions and standard solutions or other reagents are added automatically and the sample is transported into the graphite furnace. After the measurement, the platform is immediately ready for the next sample.
Due to the fully automatic measurement of up to 84 samples, the sampler makes a high throughput of samples possible.
This system allows routine solid AAS. Due to the high degree of automation and the simple handling, the solids sampler is suitable for rapid routine analysis in an industrial environment. However, the instrument is also used in the clinical area and in research.
- Analysis of the unadulterated original samples
- No time-consuming sample digestion
- No dilution with environmentally-hazardous reagents
- Minimized danger of contamination
- High sensitivity
- True microquantity method
Application notes and news
- Determination of Cd, Pb, Cu in Sediment
- Determination of Cd and Pb in Sediment Using High-Resolution Continuum Source AAS (Direct Solid Sampling GF...
- Determination of Fluorine in Silicon Nitride
- Direct Solid AAS without Sample Preparation
- Analytik Jena Provides Direct Solid AAS without Sample Preparation
- Determination of Pb and As in Colour Pigments without Sample Preparation
- Novel Liquid Dosing Module Allows Automated Calibration
- Fully automatic and direct analysis of solids