See all reviews
Member since 2011
Washington Univ Sch Med
Read more »
"The technical support is generally helpful. However no longer supported by MAC, I had to switch everything to PC."
Spike2 is a script-programmable Windows and Mac program originally intended for the capture and analysis of trains of nerve spike signals. Spike2 is the data acquisition system of choice for thousands of researchers worldwide. Whether you require simple data capture or a complete package for experiment control, recording and analysis, Spike2 has many advantages over other data acquisition systems.
• Spike2 is easy to use as a general purpose capture and analysis package
• Spike2 has the power and flexibility for demanding applications
• There is a built-in script language which allows automation of repetitive tasks and provides many additional tools for researchers who prefer to write their own applications.
• Spike2 can import data recorded by many other systems, so that you can take advantage of this extremely versatile software to analyse existing data.
• Spike2 can export data in spreadsheet format and as text or binary files. Additional export formats are planned.
• Navigate through your data quickly and simply using the intuitive user interface; zoom and scroll with the mouse or keyboard
• Record multiple data types, including waveforms, event times, coded markers, and discriminated single or multi-unit spike data in real-time
• Generate simple and complex protocols of waveform and TTL outputs
• Detect features manually or automatically and take measurements based on triggered and cyclical data such as cardiovascular signals
• Analyse multiple channels of waveform and event data on-line and off-line
• Process data with functions including: filtering, rectification, interpolation and inter-channel arithmetic
• Display and export images as you want them, with versatile display options including: triggered update and duplicated windows with independent time axes
• Record very large numbers of channels by synchronising multiple CED 1401s with no timing drift between them
• Customise the program with the built-in script language that provides control from simple automation to addition of complex analysis functions