- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
The SPECTROstar Omega microplate reader is a part of the BMG LABTECH’s family of readers that contain a CCD-based spectrometer for ultra-fast, full spectrum absorbance measurements. In less than 1 second per well, this spectrometer is able to capture an entire UV/Vis absorbance spectrum (220 to 1000 nm) at a resolution of 1 nm. This unique feature allows for absorbance assays to be performed on the SPECTROstar Omega that cannot be performed with other microplate reader technology.
Combined with precise temperature control (up to 65°C), on-board reagent injection, multi-mode shaking capabilities, high reproducibility and a wide dynamic range, the SPECTROstar Omega provides users with unmatched flexibility and sensitivity to perform any absorbance based assay needed.
Applications of BMG LABTECH's SPECTROstar Omega include
• 260/280 nm DNA, RNA quantitation
• Protein quantitation (e.g. Bradford, Lowry, BCA)
• Reporter gene assays (e.g. ß-Gal)
• Cell proliferation and apoptosis
• ELISAs, enzyme immunoassays (e.g. alkaline phosphatase, horseradish peroxidase)
• Enzyme activity assays
• Microbial cell growth
ACU - Atmospheric Control Unit for Cell-based Assays
For cell-based assays, BMG LABTECH’s Atmospheric Control Unit can be added to the SPECTROstar Omega. This optional microprocessor controlled ACU allows users to fully regulate CO2 (0 - 20%) and O2 (1 - 19%) independently within the microplate reader chamber. The ACU provides users with a walk away solution for all cell based assays.
Low Volume Measurements with the LVis Plate
For low volume sample measurements in assays like DNA, RNA, or protein concentration determination, the SPECTROstar Omega can use BMG LABTECH’s LVis Plate. This LVis plate has sixteen microdrop wells that can hold two microliters of sample. By using the LVis plate, researchers will save on precious samples like DNA or RNA.
Due to the modular concept of the Omega series of microplate reader series, the SPECTROstar Omega is entirely upgradeable to a multi-mode microplate reader. Whenever the need for fluorescence, luminescence, or time-resolved fluorescence based experiments arises, the SPECTROstar Omega is easily upgraded to a FLUOstar Omega or even the POLARstar Omega with Simultaneous Dual Emission for fluorescence polarization assays.
Application notes and news
- Label-Free SoPRano™ Gold Nano-Rod (GNR) Assays on a Spectrometer-Based Microplate Reader
- Reaction optimization by parallel kinetic studies with the POLARstar Omega
- Old Assays, New Instrument ELISA; NADH and NADPH Conversion; DNA and Protein Quantitation
- Label-Free Assays Benefit from Microplate Readers with CCD Spectrometer Technology
- New Microplate Reader Showcased
- The Omega Series Microplate Reader with ACU Feature: The Complete and Individual Control of O2 and CO2
- BMG LABTECH – The Microplate Reader Company - at the SBS 2009 Conference
- BMG LABTECH introduces their latest range of next generation Multimode Microplate readers
- MARS data analysis software available for all BMG LABTECH microplate readers
- BMG LABTECH announces the new PHERAstar Plus – HTRF® reading always one step ahead
- BMG LABTECH releases the new evaluation software, MARS
- BMG LABTECH announces the new Omega series – the world’s first multimode microplate readers with UV/Vis spe...
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Read more »
"The absorbance plate reader is easy to use and the analysis software linked to it is user friendly, but still can be further improved to fasten the data analysis. The after sales service is also very good. If we have any problem with the analysis software or the reader itself we can easily get in contact with an engineer from BMG and discuss issues. Concerning the value for money, this absorbance plate reader really performs well. To give you an idea: this absorbance plate-reader is really good for binding assay development on microplate based assays. It has very good accuracy measurements, reproducibility and resolution properties. The reading of a 384-well plate is really fast (17min for one entire 384 well plate). I really advise this plate-reader for screening."