Absorbance microplate reader from BMG LABTECH Ultra-fast, full spectrum absorbance with the SPECTROstar ® Nano Instantly capture full spectra (220-1000 nm in ® Nano from BMG LABTECH. The SPECTROstar ® Nano from BMG is a revolutionary microplate reader for absorbance measurements. The flexibility it provides makes it easy to perform low-volume absorbance assays at speeds like no ...read more
1 scientist has reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2014
Read more »
"We were awarded a SPECTROStar Nano a few years back and have mainly used it in cuvette mode. That was until we realized we could obtain spectral fingerprints of beverages at very short pathlengths through UV-transparent microplates. Other instruments only take one sample at a time and require pathlength units to be exchanged to get finer level resolution of darker colored products. With the SPECTROStar Nano we are routinely obtaining 96 sample analyses across the full UV-visible spectrum in about five minutes. In addition with other assays we perform, looking at the scan rather than single wavelength values enables us to extract much more information than we could before. This enables more rapid assay development as well as routine testing with established protocols."
Absorbance microplate reader from BMG LABTECH
Ultra-fast, full spectrum absorbance with the SPECTROstar® Nano
Instantly capture full spectra (220-1000 nm in <1 second!) for low volumes, microplates and cuvettes with the SPECTROstar® Nano from BMG LABTECH.
The SPECTROstar® Nano from BMG is a revolutionary microplate reader for absorbance measurements. The flexibility it provides makes it easy to perform low-volume absorbance assays at speeds like no other absorbance-only reader on the market.
- Low-volume samples with the BMG LABTECH LVis Plate (2 μL)
- Ultra-fast spectrometer to read 220 to 1000 nm in less than 1 second per well
- Compatible with all microplate formats up to 1536-well
- Also contains a standard cuvette port for individual samples
- Multi-mode shaking: linear, orbital, and double orbital
Predefined protocols also make it possible to read ELISAs, RNA, DNA, protein, cell growth and more simply at the touch of a button.
Application notes and news
- Biocolor’s APOPercentage Apoptosis AssayTM on BMG LABTECH’s Spectrostar Nano Plate Reader
- A New Way to Test the Free Amino Nitrogen Content in Alcoholic Beverages with the SPECTROstar Nano
- DNA Measurements in Low Volume Samples, Microplates and Cuvettes on the SPECTROstar Nano
- Improve Assays for Beer Analysis Using The SPECTROstar Nano Microplate Reader
- BMG LABTECH Celebrates 25 Years of Microplate Reader Innovation at SLAS 2015
- Experience New and Innovative Microplate Reader Technology at ELRIG 2012
- Label-Free Assays Benefit from Microplate Readers with CCD Spectrometer Technology
- New Microplate Reader Showcased
- BMG LABTECH Showcases Products at Arablab 2012
- BMG LABTECH is a Diamond Sponsor of the First Annual SLAS 2012
- BMG LABTECH Showcase Innovative Microplate Reading Solutions at Biotechnica 2011
- Last Chance to Win a SPECTROstar Nano Microplate, Cuvette and Low-Volume Absorbance Reader
- A Big Win for Small Particles: A SPECTROstar Nano awarded to the University of Helsinki for Nanop...
- A Novel Application for an Ancient Remedy Helps Rose Cooper Win a SPECTROstar Nano from BMG LABTE...
- The First Winner of BMG LABTECH’s SPECTROstar Nano is on His Way to Modernizing Beer and Wine Ana...
- Rising Stars in the Chemistry/Biochemistry Department at U.T. Arlington are the Second Winners of...
- Discover the Next-Generation Microplate Reading Technology from BMG LABTECH
- Redefine your Absorbance Assays with a Free SPECTROstar Nano Microplate Reader from BMG LABTECH
- BMG LABTECH to Showcase the SPECTROstar Nano and Present Two Workshops at LabAutomation 2011