SPE-DEX® 4790 Extractor System
The SPE-DEX 4790® Automated Extraction System is a fully automated sample preparation system designed to rapidly process samples for trace level analysis of organic chemical contaminants from aqueous samples using EPA Methods for Solid Phase Extraction (SPE).
Analytical Laboratories are pressed to provide the best turnaround time with economy and accuracy. The Horizon Technology SPE-DEX® 4790 Extractor can help by providing rapid, reproducible extraction of semivolatile organics from liquids, getting a better-prepared sample to the chromatograph faster.
Although much progress has been made in improving the analysis step, the sample preparation step can still be improved. The Horizon Technology SPE-DEX 4790 Extractor provides a combination of factors help to speed extraction of semi-volatiles from water. The system is automated, requiring less attention and more providing a more reproducible process. The second important factor is the use of solid phase extraction (SPE) to collect and elute the analytes, reducing the extraction time and solvent usage.
The SPE-DEX® 4790 Extraction System uses Solid Phase Extraction (SPE) technology to replace the old, labor-intensive liquid-liquid extraction (LLE) technique. In addition to delivering accurate, more consistent results, SPE technology slashes both sample processing times and solvent use.
Solvent consumption is cut by up to 90% compared to traditional liquid-liquid extraction methods. Sample run times are less than 5 minutes.
Unattended operation increases the overall productivity of your lab as personnel are freed up for other projects. Plus variability between chemists' techniques is eliminated. The SPE-DEX® 4790 Extractor processes samples directly from the original sample bottle. It automatically delivers all solvents, regulates sample processing and disk drying times, rinses the sample bottle and collects the extract.
The SPE-DEX® 4790 Extraction System features:
- Bench-top operation frees up valuable hood space
- Modular design allows for addition of up to seven extraction stations
- Interchangeable 47mm, 50mm, 90mm SPE disk holders
- Handles sample volumes from 20ml to 4L
Application notes and news
- Complying with EPA Method 1664A and 1664B by Automated Solid Phase Extraction Utilizing the SPE-DEX® 4790 w...
- Analysis of Pharmaceuticals in Water by Automated Solid Phase Extraction
- Analysis of Hormones in Water by Automated Solid Phase Extraction
- Determination of Organic Compounds in Drinking Water Using Atlantic DVB Disks for EPA Method 525.3
- Determining Diesel and Oil Range Organics in Water Using Automated Solid Phase Extraction
- EPA 500 Series Application Notebook
- Fast Automated SPE and GC/MS Analysis of PAH Compounds in Tap Water Using the SPE-DEX ® 4790 Automated Extr...
- Recovering 1,4-Dioxane for EPA Method 522 Option 1 and UCMR 3 Using the SPE-DEX 4790
- Determining Poly-Aromatic Hydrocarbons in Sea Water Using Automated Solid Phase Extraction
- Recovering 1,4-Dioxane for EPA Method 522 Option 1 and UCMR 3
- Determination of Pesticides from Aqueous Samples Using Atlantic HLB SPE Disks
- Increasing Throughput and Recoveries for Highly Particulate and Sediment Laden Aqueous Samples Using the Fa...
- Streamlining Sample Processing for Semi-Volatile Organics Using the Fast Flow Sediment Disk Holder and the ...
- Extracting Organochlorine Pesticides from Water With Atlantic™ HLB-M Disks
- Extracting Organochlorine Pesticides from Water With Atlantic™ HLB-M Disks (EPA Method 8081)
- Determination of Semi-Volatile Organic Compounds in Water Using the Atlantic™ HLB SPE Disk and Carbon Cartr...
- Determining Pharmaceuticals and Personal Care Products in Water by Automated Solid Phase Extraction
- Extraction of Organochlorine Pesticides For EPA Method 8081 Using the Automated SPE-DEX® 4790 and Atlantic™...
- Horizon Technology Announces the SmartPrep Extractor™ for SPE
- Horizon Technology Simplifies the Automation of EPA Method 8270D with Advanced SPE Disk Technology
- Automated Solid Phase Extraction System SPE-DEX 4790® Enables Environmental Water Testing While Improving C...
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!