SmartSpec™ Plus Spectrophotometer (170-2525)
The SmartSpec Plus Spectrophotometer has a wider range of features and functions than many other benchtop spectrophotometers, offering performance, stability, and functionality at an affordable price.
The UV/visible SmartSpec Plus spectrophotomer has a working wavelength range of 200–800 nm.
It is the perfect tool for routine applications such as:
- Quantitation of DNA, RNA, and oligonucleotides
- Quantitation of proteins via the Bradford, Lowry, and BCA assay methods
- Monitoring bacterial culture growth
- Simple kinetic assays
- Wavelength scans with peak detection
A simple, menu-driven interface simplifies assays and provides answers to common sample computations at the touch of a button. Conversion factors can be stored and modified. The SmartSpec Plus spectrophotometer is capable of performing calculations and providing results such as:
- A260/A280 ratio for nucleic acid purity
- Quantitation that takes dilution factors into account
- Sample concentration in µg/ml (additionally in pmol/µl for oligonucleotides)
- Molar extinction coefficient and molecular weight of oligonucleotides