- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
Fully-integrated turnkey Anesthesia System immobilizes small animals when taking pictures with the iBox Explorer2 Imaging Microscop, iBox® Scientia™ and iBox® Spectra™ Imaging System. The easy to use Anesthesia System is compact, portable and safe for animals.
The Small Animal Anesthesia System allows small animals to be anesthetised in order to capture superior small animal images with the high resolution, high sensitivity cooled CCD camera and optics using the iBox® Small Animal Imaging System.
The Anesthesia System combines several components to regulate and administer a combination of oxygen and isoflurane gas to the animal. The initial anesthesia is performed in the induction chamber. The animal is then moved to the warming plate inside the iBox darkroom. The plate generates uniform temperature conditions which maintain a safe body temperature of the animal during the imaging process. A breathing device on the plate connects to patented valves. These valves control the gas flow through the nose cone to protect the animal and technician from overexposure to gas. The breather incorporates multiple ports to accommodate up to three mice.
The patented Anesthesia System has passed rigorous testing by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) and creates a safe environment for laboratory staff.
Small Animal Anesthesia System Features:
- Anesthesia of up to five mice in the iBox Scientia and iBox Spectra allows researchers to capture more images in less time.
- The iBox Explorer accommodates anesthesia and placement of up to two mice inside the darkroom.
- Easier to clean: The new warming plate has an easy-to-clean, flat, RTV free, surface.
- Easy to use:
- Hosing quick connects and disconnects.
- Flow meter to easily check and monitor gas flow.
- Minimal use of Isoflurane or Sevoflurane.
- New safety features:
- A buzzer sounds if the plate exceeds temperature specifications and will begin to shut down.
- Anesthesia exhaust tubes, connections, chamber, and flush mechanisms are designed to prevent exposure to Isoflurane gas in the lab.
See all reviews
Member since 2013
University Of Arizona
Read more »
"I think it is a good tool, and I would recommend it to others. It allows me to do everything that I need to do in a timely manner. "