Compact system capable of meeting most test requirements encountered in capillary rheometry. Combining many advanced features associated with larger floor-standing models, the Rosand RH2000 system can be configured for research measurements through to Quality Control applications.
The Rosand RH2000 bench top capillary rheometer provides highly flexible measurement capabilities and configuration options for a wide variety of applications - from polymer melts to pharmaceutical processing, and from foodstuffs to inks and coatings.
The Rosand RH2000 capillary rheometer system enables controlled extrusion (by volumetric flow) of a sample through a high precision die of known dimensions, to characterize material flow properties typically under conditions of high force (or pressure) and/or high shear rate. Using the twin bore barrel option and a ‘zero length’ die configuration allows simultaneous determination of shear viscosity and extensional (elongational) viscosity as a function of shear (or deformation) rate.
Rosand RH2000 Capillary Rheometer Features:
- Single and twin bore barrel options for cost effective routine measurement capability through to dual measurements for simultaneous assessment of absolute shear viscosity and extensional (elongational) viscosities.
- Maximum drive force (up to 20kN) and maximum speed (up to 1200mm/min) capabilities enable a wide range of shear rates, and correlation with many real material processing conditions.
- Rigid one-piece cantilever frame design providing extreme mechanical strength and stiffness for a compact bench top unit.
- Unique swivel head design gives easy access to the rheometer barrel for sample loading and instrument cleaning.
- Range of optional barrel sizes and barrel materials to permit measurement of thermally-sensitive, chemically-aggressive or aqueous-based samples.
- Wide range of high precision tungsten carbide dies as standard to cover all materials and test types.
- Easily interchangeable melt pressure transducers to cover all test requirements – configured with low noise, triple-stage amplifiers for optimized measurement sensitivity at the die entrance.
- Proprietary bi-modal speed control algorithms to optimize shear rate measurement range for a particular die.
- Precise sample temperature control using three independent zone heaters, with 10 times DIN accuracy platinum resistance thermometers.
- High temperature (500°C maximum) and cooling coil options also available.
- Nitrogen purge option available to minimize sample degradation.
- Accessories for die swell measurement for evaluation of elastic samples.
- Easy to use Flowmaster software with full range of tests and analyses for shear and extensional viscosity, as well as determining sample stability, wall slip and melt fracture.