Low Cost Elemental Analyzer with Smartphone Interface
The new compact, low cost benchtop Rigaku NEX QC energy dispersive X-ray fluorescence (EDXRF) elemental analyzer delivers rapid qualitative and quantitative determination of major and minor atomic elements, from sodium (11Na) through uranium (92U), in a wide variety of sample types.
Features of the NEX QC:
- Analyze 11Na to 92U non-destructively
- Solids, liquids, alloys, powders and thin films
- 50kV X-ray tube for wide elemental coverage
- Semiconductor detector for superior data quality
- Modern smartphone style "icon driven" user interface
- Multiple automated tube filters for enhanced sensitivity
- Convenient built in thermal printer
- Low cost with unmatched performance-to-price ratio
- Optional fundamental parameters
Optimized for quality control applications:
Specifically designed for routine quality control applications, the new Rigaku NEX QC features an intuitive "icon-driven" touch screen interface for easy operation and a built-in printer for convenience.
Rugged and easily transportable for use in the field:
Rigaku’s NEX QC was specifically designed for deployment outside of the laboratory environment. At 16 kg (35 lbs.), it is easy to pick up and carry. NEX QC is perfect for use in service trucks (see photo of unit operating in a truck bed performing oil field measurements), mobile labs, huts, trailers and temporary field facilities.
High precision with broad elemental coverage:
Analyze 11Na (sodium) through 92U (uranium) across a wide range of matrices. The shuttered 50kV X-ray tube and Peltier cooled semiconductor detector delivers exceptional short-term repeatability and long-term reproducibility with excellent element peak resolution and counting statistics. This high voltage capability (50 kV), along with multiple automated X-ray tube filters, provides a wide range of applications versatility and low limits-of-detection (LOD).
Autosampler, helium and FP options:
Options include fundamental parameters (FP) to reduce the number of standard required for any particular application, an automatic sample changer, a sample spinner and helium purge for enhanced light element sensitivity.
Application notes and news
- Analysis of Sulfur, Vanadium and Nickel in Crude Oil
- Analysis of Sulfur and Chlorine in Oil Using EDXRF
- ROHS Rapid Screening by Benchtop XRF
- Measuring Sulfur in Coal
- Analysis of Iron in Aluminum
- Monitoring ACZA Wood Treatment
- Analysis of Industrial Wood Treatments
- Silver in Barite Ore
- Ti and Fe in Kaolin Clay
- Iron Oxide in Silica Sand