Brooks REMP Single Use Heat Sealed Tubes are cost effective single use storage use tubes. Our heat seal provides the highest integrity of any capping or sealing system and saves significantly on the space taken by a traditional cap. Single use tubes provide an efficient workflow and the tube sealing system is available on all tubes in the range from working volume of 40µl to 900µl.
In biological storage, freeze-thaw cycles are considered to be a significant cause of analyte loss. In compound management single use tubes are well established as a way to minimize the water content of compounds dissolved in DMSO, as well as any precipitation of compounds from the solution.
• Heat seal ‘welded’ onto the tube providing the highest integrity seal possible in many applications
• Sealing foil: significantly lower cost than traditional caps
• Operates down to -80°C: suitable for both biological applications and compound management
• Space saving compared to capping systems, in particular screw top caps
Heat sealing is a proven technology that offers a number of advantages over other plate sealing methods:
• 100% sealing integrity
• Ideal for PCR and storage applications
• Exceptional seal integrity at low temperatures
• No adhesives which could interfere with the sample
• Greater resistance to solvents such as DMSO
• Pierceable seals
• Quicker and more cost-effective than other sealing methods