R&D Systems - Recombinant Human HGF (NS0-expressed)
HGF, also known as Hepatopoietin A, was initially identified as a potent mitogen for hepatocytes in primary culture. Subsequently, HGF was also shown to be mitogenic for a variety of cell types including endothelial and epithelial cells, melanocytes, and keratinocytes.
Specifications and Use of R&D HGF
Source of R&D human HGF
• A DNA sequence encoding the 728 amino acid residue variant of the human pre-pro-HGF (Nakamura, T. et al., 1989, Nature 342:440 - 443) was expressed in a mouse myeloma cell line NS0. • Note: This is one of multiple forms available for this protein.
R&D HGF Molecular Mass
• The disulfide-linked recombinant NS0 expressed human HGF migrates as an approximately 70 - 80 kDa protein in SDS-PAGE under non-reducing conditions.
Purity of R&D Recombinant HGF
• > 95%, as determined by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver stain.
Endotoxin Level of R&D HGF
• < 1.0 EU per 1 μg of the cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
• The biological activity of recombinant human HGF was measured by its ability to stimulate 3H-thymidine incorporation in the HGF responsive monkey epithelial cell line, 4MBr-5 (Rubin, J.S. et al., 1991, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88:415-419).
• The ED50 for this effect is typically 20 - 40 ng/mL.
Formulation of R&D HGF
• Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS containing 50 μg of bovine serum albumin per 1 μg of cytokine.
Reconstitution of R&D HGF
• It is recommended that sterile phosphate-buffered saline containing at least 0.1% human serum albumin or bovine serum albumin be added to the vial to prepare a stock solution of no less than 10 μg/mL of the cytokine.
Storage of R&D HGF
• Lyophilized samples are stable for up to twelve months at -20° C to -70° C.
• Upon reconstitution, this cytokine, in the presence of a carrier protein, can be stored under sterile conditions at 2° - 8° C for one month or at -20° C to -70° C in a manual defrost freezer for three months without detectable loss of activity.
• Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.