PROTEAN® Plus Dodeca Cell (165-4150)
Get 12 Times the Data in Just 6 hours! The PROTEAN Plus Dodeca Cell accommodates up to 12 large slab gels, matching the capacity of first-dimension runs in the PROTEAN IEF system, for high-throughput 2-D applications in a convenient format at 110V.
The PROTEAN Plus Dodeca cell's cooling and recirculating capabilities, along with its plate electrodes, allow consistent, high-resolution results. The handcasting system includes the PROTEAN Plus hinged spacer plates, PROTEAN Plus multi-casting chamber, and the Model 495 gradient former.
Features of Cell Include:
- Capacity to run 1 to 12 gels, for high-throughput and reproducibility
- Ceramic cooling core, buffer recirculation pump, and refrigerated circulator that provide efficient cooling for high-resolution results — buffer surrounding gels varies by <1°C (patent pending)
- Plate electrodes that create an optimally uniform electrical field to give straight horizontal run results, equal to the PROTEAN II xi cell in performance (patent pending)
- Ability to accommodate a variety of gel sizes: 18.3 x 19.3 cm, 18.5 x 20 cm, 20 x 20.5 cm or 25 x 20.5 cm (W x L) and from 1.0 mm up to 3.0 mm gel thickness
- Precast and handcast gel options Hinged glass plates with integrated spacers that guarantee perfect alignment and eliminate potential current leaks
- Differential plate heights that facilitate easy IPG strip or tube gel loading; the AnyGel stand accessory can be used to stabilize gels while loading
- Easy assembly and cleanup via the quick-connect fittings and convenient drain spout