- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
The PROTEAN® II XI Cell is a large format vertical electrophoresis cell that is used for the most common electrophoretic techniques such as SDS-PAGE, native electrophoresis, and agarose gel electrophoresis. The PROTEAN II xi cell is available in two sizes to accommodate up to four 16 x 16 cm or 16 x 20 cm gels.
• Accommodates handcast gels
• Patented single-screw clamps on the casting stand that exert uniform pressure along the entire length of the glass plates provide a leakproof seal without agarose plugs or grease
• Central cooling core can be connected to tap water or a cooled recirculating bath, or filled with coolant, providing smile-free patterns with as little as 1.5 L of buffer
• Choice of glass plates, spacers, and sandwich clamps to cast 2 gel lengths, 16 or 20 cm
• Ability to cast multiple gradient gels using the PROTEAN II multi-gel casting chamber, the Model 495 gradient former, and the appropriate exponential piston. Use of the gel clip facilitates handling of large gels
• Notched plates allow up to four 16 x 16 cm or 16 x 20 cm handcast gels to be run simultaneously (not recommended for 2-D applications)
• Optional frosted glass plates allow high-resolution vertical agarose electrophoresis of nucleic acids
• Comb conversion screws convert any PROTEAN II xi comb from a standard 25 mm well depth to a 10 mm depth to simplify comb removal
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Read more »
"Easy to use, good technical assistance for equipment. Not easily breakable and good value for money as the apparatus has lasted a long time."