PROTEAN® i12™ IEF System (164-6000)
Isoelectric focusing system, includes basic unit, electrode assemblies, focusing and rehydration/equilibration trays, forceps, electrode wicks, mineral oil, cleaning accessories, IPG strips and sample/rehydration buffer, USB flash drives, styluses.
The PROTEAN i12 IEF system is designed for isoelectric focusing (IEF) of proteins in immobilized pH gradient (IPG) strips for the first dimension of two-dimensional (2-D) electrophoresis. The PROTEAN i12 IEF cell can run 1-12 IPG strips in 7, 11, 13, 17, 18, or 24 cm focusing trays. Each channel in the isoelectric focusing tray is independently powered, enabling precise control over each IPG strip. This feature makes it possible to run different sample types, different pH gradients, and multiple protocols simultaneously.
Features and benefits of the PROTEAN i12 IEF system include:
- Optimized experiments in fewer runs - the PROTEAN i12 IEF system has the unique ability to run channels under multiple conditions in a single run. Different samples, protocols, and pH gradients can be run simultaneously.
- Obtain higher-quality data with less experimental risk - each channel is independent, so one irregular sample can no longer compromise the entire run.
- Easy, intuitive programming - easily run, create, and edit isoelectric focusing protocols from the touch screen user interface. Preprogrammed protocols stored in the internal memory serve as a convenient starting point for developing optimized sample-specific IEF conditions.
- Run gel side up, gel side down, or with loading cups - focusing trays and electrode assemblies accommodate all possible gel configurations.
Application notes and news
- PROTEAN i12 IEF System: Independent Voltage and Current Control Enables Optimization of First-Dimension IEF...
- Use of the PROTEAN i12 IEF System for In-Gel Peptide Fractionation Prior to LC-MS and Comparison with Off-G...
- Bio-Rad’s New Workflow Enables Highly Sensitive Evaluation of Antibodies Used to Measure HCP Impurities in ...