The Thermo Scientific ProPac™ SCX Column line has expanded to include the next generation ProPac SCX-20 column. This column provides unequalled high resolution of protein variants.
Please also see the Thermo Scientific MAbPac™ SCX-10 Column, a strong cation-exchange column designed specifically for high-resolution, high-efficiency analysis of monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) and associated variants. This column is complimentary to the industry-leading ProPac WCX-10 column for monoclonal antibody variant analysis. The MAbPac SCX-10 offers an alternative selectivity and provides higher resolution and efficiency for variant analysis of most monoclonal antibody samples than the ProPac WCX-10 column.
Thermo Scientific ProPac SCX-10 and WCX-10 strong and weak cation-exchange columns are based on a nonporous core particle that results in high-efficiency peaks and high-resolution separations of protein variants. A hydrophilic layer prevents unwanted secondary interactions. A grafted cation-exchange surface provides pH-based selectivity control and fast mass transfer for high-efficiency separation and moderate capacity.
• Characterization and quality control assessment of monoclonal antibodies and other proteins
• Unequalled resolution
• High-resolution separations with excellent sample recovery
• Unmatched column-to-column and lot-to-lot reproducibility
• Useful for characterization of related protein variants (e.g., deamidation and MAb lysine truncation variants)
• Highly-efficient peaks with excellent sample recovery
• Available in different dimensions and formats for flexibility in method development
The ProPac SCX-10 is a strong cation-exchange column with sulfonate functional groups, and the ProPac WCX-10 column has a carboxylate functional group. Both are based on 10 µm nonporous, polymeric beads and coated with a proprietary hydrophilic layer.
All ProPac columns are manufactured and tested under the strictest specifications, resulting in unmatched column-to-column and lot-to-lot reproducibility. These columns are available as lot-select packages containing three columns from a single lot or three columns from three different lots, to assist quality control scientists in method validation.