ProPac® HIC Protein and Peptide Column
Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography Columns for the Separation of Large Biomolecules
Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography separates biomolecules in a decreasing salt gradient, based on differences in surface hydrophobicity. This method preserves the biological activity of proteins. The HIC separation mechanism is complementary to those of ion-exchange and gel filtration chromatography.
The ProPac® HIC-10 column is a high-resolution, high-capacity, silica-based HIC column that provides greater hydrolytic stability under the highly aqueous conditions used in HIC. Examples include the separation of bovine serum proteins, snake venom proteins, enzymes, human skeletal muscle protein (HSMP), monoclonal antibodies, pancreatin, and thrombin and peptide applications including tryptic digests of proteins.
ProPac® HIC Protein and Peptide Column Features:
- Based on 5 µm ultrahigh purity spherical silica gel particles, with 300 Å pores
- Proteins separated under non-denaturing conditions
- High protein loading capacity for protein purification applications
- Proprietary multidentate silica bonding for enhanced hydrolytic stability
- High-resolution HPLC separation of proteins and peptides
- Wide range of applications
- Phase: HIC
- Particle Size: 5 µm
- Pore Size: 300 Å
- Length: 75, 100, 250 mm
- ID: 2.1, 4.6, 7.8 mm