PatchXpress® 7000A Automated Parallel Patch Clamp System
The PatchXpress® 7000A Automated Parallel Patch Clamp System has revolutionized ion channel drug discovery. With over 13 independent peer reviewed scientific publications, the data quality from the PatchXpress 7000A System is considered to be equivalent to conventional patch clamp-or even better, since it eliminates potential operator bias. The system's rapid compound addition rate (τ=10-15 ms) en...read more
4 scientists have reviewed this product
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Read more »
"I find this system always seems to have software errors. You have to export data from one PC to another and then analyse it offline."
The PatchXpress® 7000A Automated Parallel Patch Clamp System has revolutionized ion channel drug discovery. With over 13 independent peer reviewed scientific publications, the data quality from the PatchXpress 7000A System is considered to be equivalent to conventional patch clamp-or even better, since it eliminates potential operator bias. The system's rapid compound addition rate (τ=10-15 ms) enables the assay of rapidly desensitizing ligand-gated ion channels, such as the α-7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor. The independent wash station with individual control for each assay well provides virtually unlimited washout of each recording chamber. This enables the removal of excess cells before the procedure, prevents cumulative desensitization of ligand-gated ion channels, and allows addition of multiple test compounds to the same cell if desired. The use of disposable pipette tips prevents any chance of cross contamination between compound additions, and the optional tip re-use function minimizes non-specific binding of compounds to the pipette tips. The PatchXpress 7000A System has been successfully used on a large and steadily growing number of different cell types and ion channel classes. The highly configurable patch settings in combination with sophisticated monitoring of membrane parameters make it possible to adapt the experimental parameters using PatchXpress Commander to ideally suit a variety of targets. The system software with its intuitive and logical operation receives rave reviews by our customers and features all the functionality a dedicated researcher needs. The software is based on Clampex module in pCLAMP™ Software and will be familiar to every electrophysiologist that has ever used pCLAMP.
Application notes and news
- Rapid Solution Exchange and Ligand-Gated Channel Studies on the PatchXpress 7000A Automated Patch...
- Conducting Ligand-Gated Ion Channel (LGIC) Studies on the PatchXpress 7000A System
- Patching Transiently Transfected Ion Channels on an Automated Electrophysiology System
- Analysis of the Biophysical Properties of Sodium Channel NaV1.5 Using an Automated Electrophysiol...
- Continuous Ion Current Recordings During Drug Delivery and Washout on an Automated Electrophysiol...
- Optimizing the hERG Assay on the PatchXpress 7000A System for Compounds that Demonstrate Non-spec...
- Characterization of Ion Channels in Stem Cell-derived Cardiomyocytes on An Automated Parallel Pat...
- Recording of ICRAC in RBL-1 cells on the PatchXpress® 7000A Automated Patch...
- Molecular Devices Introduces PatchXpress Plus with Action Potential Measurement Functionality
- Visit Molecular Devices at Neuroscience 2008