P-97 Flaming/Brown Micropipette Puller
See all reviews
Member since 2013
Brigham Young University
Read more »
"This machine is relatively easy to use (note: reading the instructions is extremely helpful, we all like to skip that step but with this piece of equipment it is tremendously advantageous.) Once you get the settings you like, you’re good to go. There are newer models which make the process much easier, however they are really expensive. For the money, this gets the job done just fine for us. Be sure to NOT bend the heating filament - once you do that, you'll introduce a whole lot of problems. "
The Model P-97 micropipette puller is the latest generation of the Flaming/Brown type puller for fabrication of micropipettes, patch pipettes and microinjection needles. While retaining many of the features on the Model P-87, the P-97 offers improvements in mechanical, electronic and software design. The result is better control of the pulling process and a higher degree of reproducibility.
- Environmental chamber
- Programmable air pressure
- Memory storage for up to 100 programs
- Write protection and date stamp for each program
- Two symmetrical pipettes with each pull
- Two cooling modes: time and delay
- Preprogrammed sample programs for intracellular and patch pipettes. Special programming on request.
- Ramp test—self test for establishing program heat settings when a new filament or glass is introduced.
- Vacuum fluorescent display
- Constant current power supply for filament and pull solenoid
- Looping pull cycle for fabrication of patch type micropipettes
- Self-contained air supply with filtration system and humidity control
- Consistent and reliable electrodes with tip diameters less than 0.1µm
- Control over the time and pressure at which the air is delivered
- Optimized velocity sensing circuit for maximized sensitivity and reproducibility
- Quality control, SEM photograph of a tip pulled with each puller; criterion is tip measurement less than 0.1µm and typically is ~0.06µm