Orion II Microplate Luminometer
The Top Instrument in the Field
- Same features as Orion L, PLUS:
- Up to four Automatic Reagent Injectors
- Two Temperature Control Options
- And Many More Powerful Functions
Orion II Concept
The Orion II microplate luminometer combines various innovative ideas resulting in the highest performance along with configuration flexibility and easy maintenance. The instrument incorporates the most sophisticated photon counting detection technology.
The combination of automatic high precision reagent injectors, optional temperature control and the new intuitive Windows® Software Simplicity makes the Orion II the leading product for luminescence detection from microplates. The unit is available with up to four reagent injectors. Three different modes are available for shaking of microplates. The luminometer offers both RS-232 and USB serial ports. Loading and unloading of microplates by robotic arms is supported.
Orion II Applications
Orion II is the perfect choice for all luminescent flash and glow applications performed in microplate format:
- Reporter gene assays including dual-reporter assays
- ATP assays
- Kinase activity assays
- Cell proliferation, cytotoxicity and biomass assays, apoptosis assays
- Quantification of nucleic acids
- Ca 2+ measurements and Aequorin-based assays
- Luminescence immunoassays (LIA)
- Cellular luminescence
- Environmental toxicity and mutagenicity assays
The Orion II Microplate Luminometer has been evaluated by the Research Department staff at Promega Corporation and has been certified for use with their Dual-Luciferase® Reporter Assay System.