Operetta® High Content Imaging System
See all reviews
Member since 2012
Read more »
"Good training and after support from Perkin Elmer makes getting a new assay off the ground relatively easy. Once you have learnt how to use the functions a huge amount of results can be obtained."
See all reviews
Member since 2010
Post Doc / Research Fellow
Academia / University
UNIV. OF HAWAII AT HILO COLLEGE OF PHARMACY
Read more »
"Great when it works but has a tendency to be temperamental. Excellent imaging capabilities, the applications seem endless. Used for live cell imaging of autophagy. Plates can be expensive. Need to check that the objective lens is compatible with the plates before starting experiments. Software (Harmony and Columbus) for analyzing results in an unbiased way is great. Perkin Elmer gives great service as well with regular training workshops."
High Content Imaging System That Simply Works
As scientists grapple with increasingly complex biological questions, they need to conduct larger, more complex imaging experiments. So they’re turning to the PerkinElmer Operetta® High Content Imaging System – the ideal solution for analyzing the inner workings of healthy and diseased cells.
Whether you are performing assay development, genome-wide siRNA, compound screens or looking at a few samples in great detail, and whether you are using 3D disease models, primary cells, stem cells, live or fixed cells, the Operetta High Content Imaging System delivers all the features you need to generate unbiased, statistically significant data to move your research forward.
And it’s so simple to use that even newcomers to high content imaging and high content analysis can be productive right away.
Operetta® High Content Imaging System Features:
- Fast widefield imaging for routine applications
- Confocal imaging option to eliminate background, improve signal-to-noise and protect live cell samples by minimizing photobleaching and phototoxicity
- Unsupervised automated image acquisition and autofocus for reliable high content imaging from slides to multiple plates
- Digital Phase contrast for imaging and segmentation of cells that have not been fluorescently labeled
- High numerical aperture objectives give exceptional images for higher quality data and more reliable results
- Low and high magnification plus a large field of view allows you to look at the whole well and choose an area of interest for detailed analysis
- Compatible with our range of imaging microplates for the best quality images
- Expert, global service and applications support from our dedicated team of lab- and field-based application specialists, plus an exclusive HCS support portal
Application notes and news
- Quantitative Analysis of 3D Microtissue Growth and Biomarker Intensity
- Combining Promega HaloTag® Technology with PerkinElmer High Content Imaging Systems
- Screening HDAC Inhibitors – A Workflow Comprising High Throughput and High Content Screening
- Workflows for In-depth High Content Analysis
- Live Cell Imaging: Studying NF-kB Signaling Dynamics Using the Operetta System
- Analysis of Stem Cell Differentiation Using the Operetta High Content Imaging System
- PerkinElmer to Showcase Latest Developments in Cellular Imaging Portfolio at AACR 2013