One Shot® TOP10 Chemically Competent E. coli
TOP10 E. coli are provided at a transformation efficiency of 1 x 10e9 cfu/µg supercoiled DNA and are ideal for high-efficiency cloning and plasmid propagation. They allow stable replication of high-copy number plasmids.
The genotype of TOP10 cells is similar to the DH10B™strain, and offers the following features:
- hsdR for efficient transformation of unmethylated DNA from PCR amplifications
- mcrA for efficient transformation of methylated DNA from genomic preparations
- lacZΔM15 for blue/white color screening of recombinant clones
- endA1 for cleaner preparations of DNA and better results in downstream applications due to the elimination of non-specific digestion by Endonuclease I
- recA1 for reduced occurrence of non-specific recombination in cloned DNA
One Shot® TOP10 Kits are available with either chemically competent or electrocompetent E. coli to fit your specific transformation needs. TOP10 E. coli are also available in the high-throughput MultiShot™ format.