Odyssey® Blocking Buffers
Odyssey Blocking Buffers are the gold standard for quantitative Western blot detection.
They contain no mammalian proteins, for the lowest cross-reactivity with mammalian antibodies and are available in a ready-to-use formulation in PBS (phosphate-buffered saline) or TBS (Tris-buffered saline). The PBS-based buffer is an excellent choice for biotin-streptavidin detection. The TBS-based buffer is ideal for the detection of phosphorylated targets and is suitable for the widest range of targets for Western blot detection. Be sure to optimize your experimental conditions for the best Western blot and assay results. Blocker choice is important for immunoassay success. Blocking buffers enhance sensitivity by reducing background interference, increasing signal-to-noise ratio, and promoting specific binding of the primary antibody while minimizing non-specific interactions.
Applications of the Odyssey Blocking Buffers:
- Western blots
- In-Cell Western™ assays
- Protein arrays
Application notes and news
- Odyssey Western Blot Blocker Optimization for Near-Infrared (NIR) Detection
- Good Westerns Gone Bad: Tips to Make Your NIR Western Blot Great
- Maximizing the Performance of Your Western Blot
- Northern Blot Analysis Using Biotin PCR Labelled Probes
- 2DE Gel Detection on the Odyssey Infrared Imaging System
- Odyssey® In-Gel Western Detection Using NIR Fluorescence
- In-Cell Western™ Assay Quality Assessment Using Z’-Factor
- On-Cell Western Plate-Based Assay for Targeted NIR-Labeled Optical Imaging Agent Development