The NOVOstar is an exciting product for cell-based kinetic assays and research development
This unique benchtop multidetection microplate reader offers five separate reading modes including fluorescence intensity, fluorescence polarization, time-resolved fluorescence, luminescence, and UV/Vis absorbance plus the flexibility of an on-board programmable transfer pipet, up to two reagent injectors and a dual microplate carrier for a reagent and measurement plate and much more. Using this system, up to 384 compounds can be screened e.g. in a signalling assay – virtually impossible to do using a conventional plate reader.
The NOVOstar has a dual microplate carrier that allows the user to designate a reagent and measurement microplate. Furthermore, the NOVOstar includes a unique integrated transfer pipet and two additional syringe injectors. All three liquid dispensing devices have direct access to the measurement position, allowing plate reading before, during and after addition of liquid samples. The transfer pipet is able to aspirate, dispense, and mix precise volumes of fluids from the reagent plate or from three reagent stations (e.g. standard agonist/antagonists, ionophore, washing, etc.) providing you with flexibility in assay design. Top/bottom reading, incubation up to 45°C, gas vent connection multi-mode shaking, up to four liquid delivery events per well, premixing, and user-defined kinetic sampling rates are only some of the outstanding features of the NOVOstar.
The NOVOstar can be used for nearly all applications that can currently be read by BMG LABTECH’s POLARstar OPTIMA microplate reader. Due to its integrated programmable pipettor system, the NOVOstar is especially well-suited to screen large numbers of compounds in kinetic cell-based assays or to create a dose response curve by measuring a wide range of analyte concentrations. The NOVOstar is one of the few instruments that can measure kinetic events with a resolution of 20ms, allowing for calcium uptake assays to be performed with great precision. Applications that the NOVOstar is targeted for include: Ca2+ uptake, membrane potential studies, intracellular pH, measurement of intracellular ionic changes, fluorescent reporter gene assays, as well as traditional biochemical assays and many more.
The NOVOstar comes with BMG LABTECH's established Reader Control software and comprehensive Data Analysis Software, MARS. The highly intuitive software provides limitless possibilities for test set up where it is needed, but also offers a "Quick-Start" mode for running routine analysis with just 3 mouse clicks. In MARS, a Wizard guides the user through the entire data analysing process. Additionally, a Template Manager can be used for building complex data processing protocols. Improved robotic integration capabilities, digital signature and FDA 21 CFR part 11 compliance of MARS complete this software package.
Application notes and news
- Miniaturised Platelet Aggregation Assays using the NOVOstar Microplate Reader
- Fluorometric Determination of Extracellular Enzyme Activities in Peat Using the FLUOstar OPTIMA
- Rapid ultra-sensitive isothermal DNA detection using RPA technology and the POLARstar OPTIMA
- Absorbance DNA Quantitation Using BMG LABTECH´s POLARstar Omega Microplate Reader
- Use of the FLUOstar OPTIMA Microplate Reader to monitor amyloid formation
- Promega’s P450-Glo™ Luminescent Cytochrome P450 Assay Using the FLUOstar OPTIMA
- Internalisation of Fluorescently Labelled Phagocytosis
- Calcium Detection Upon GPCR Stimulation Using the NOVOstar and Screen Quest™ Fluo-8 NW Calcium Kit
- BMG LABTECH – The Microplate Reader Company - at the SBS 2009 Conference
- BMG LABTECH introduces their latest range of next generation Multimode Microplate readers
- MARS data analysis software available for all BMG LABTECH microplate readers
- BMG LABTECH announces the new PHERAstar Plus – HTRF® reading always one step ahead
- BMG LABTECH releases the new evaluation software, MARS
- DLReady™ Certification for the Omega Series of Microplate Readers - BMG LABTECH’s Newest Series of Multifun...
- The Most Flexible Just Got More Flexible