novAA® 400 P Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
novAA® 400 P – fully automated compact spectrometer for flame, graphite furnace and hydride technology.
A unique furnace design
The transverse-heated graphite furnace is a must where optimum atomization conditions and high sample throughput are required simultaneously. This clearly superior concept has, for a number of years, been successfully employed in all Analytik Jena graphite furnace AAS systems. It guarantees uniform temperature all along the optical axis throughout the tube and eliminates memory and condensation effects that occur at the cooler tube ends of conventional, longitudinally heated graphite tubes. Lower atomizing temperatures prolong tube life. Problem-free analysis of low-volatility elements (e.g., vanadium, molybdenum), and the direct analysis of solid samples are possible.
Marked improvement in accuracy
Transverse-heated graphite tubes considerably diminish many chemical interferences and therefore matrix effects. As a consequence, your analyses are almost memory-free.
To save operating costs, you can choose between two types of tubes: The platform tube allows you to determine all elements with just one tube – no need to change tubes during a multi-element analysis. For simple applications, the low-cost wall tube is the best choice.
Time-saving and amazingly easy
The transverse-heated tube design makes tube change and adjusting the sampler pipetting tip easier than ever before.
Automated flame technology – high precision and speed
Fast analysis, automated dilution, reliable quality monitoring, all with uncomplicated handling, are a must. Meeting these requirements with ease, the novAA® is bound to become an indispensable routine spectrometer for element analysis.
Autosampler – maximum sample throughput
Autosamplers make your routine analysis of standards and samples almost fully automatic. Integrated in the overall concept of the instrument, either sampler can be simply hung directly into the sample compartment. This saves space and minimizes tubing lengths – the best way to prevent contamination.
A wide variety of accessories
Accessories such as the Segmented Flow Star (SFS) or the Scraper help you facing the challenges of complex matrices in flame analysis. In addition to the standard flame technique the software controlled SFS for injection mode operation is convincing by:
- Easy operation of samples with high salt or acid content
- Stable burner conditions guaranteed by continuous rinsing and constant temperature conditions
- Automatic metering of smallest sample volumes
The Scraper is an intelligent, automatic, software-controlled cleaning device:
- For the nitrous oxide burner head for trouble-free work over a long period
- For continuous and reproducible measuring cycles in routine analysis
- Before each sample measurement and calibration the slot is cleaned – or best reproducible results
Application notes and news
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries