In order to solve as many separation problems as possible, with only one plate, and to meet the increasing and demanding requirements of the chromatographer MACHEREY-NAGEL introduces, in addition to the standard ADAMANT programme, a new outstanding HPTLC-plate with unmodified silica, under the trade-name of Nano-ADAMANT.
Key features of Nano-ADAMANT HPTLC silica glass plates:
- Nano-ADAMANT plates show superior separation characteristics in the fields of environmental, clinical, medical and organic analyses. Substances separated so far include anthraquinone dyes, pesticides, food dyes of the E series, analgesics, barbiturates, flavonoids in accordance with DAB, vitamins and tocopherols.
- They feature a newly developed organic binder system, which results in an outstanding hard silica layer. Due to the very high abrasion resistance, the formation of dust on the surface of the ADAMANT is minimised.
- The plate can be easily marked for clear identification. The abrasion resistance prevents undesired changes, or damage to the layer (thickness) during transportation and/or handling.
- In addition to the advantages of the optimised binder system the UV indicator of the Nano-ADAMANT features an increased brilliance which, in combination with the low-noise background, results in an increased detection sensitivity.
- sharper separations due to small particle size and narrow fractionation. Theoretical plate heights (h values) are considerably smaller than those of the standard TLC plate.
- shorter developing times and shorter migration distances. After only a few centimeters an optimal separation is achieved. With Nano-ADAMANT the analysis times are 2-4 times faster, than with standard TLC plates.