Mustang® Membrane Chromatography Starter Kits
Pall Life Sciences Products - Biopharmaceutical Division
Features and Benefits Disposable Membrane Chromatography units are designed for the rapid selection of appropriate chemistry and method development. The Mustang membrane chromatography starter kit...read more
Features and Benefits
Disposable Membrane Chromatography units are designed for the rapid selection of appropriate chemistry and method development. The Mustang membrane chromatography starter kit includes both strong anion and cation exchange membrane chromatography Acrodisc® units, as well as specific endotoxin removal Acrodisc units. These allow both the rapid selection of the appropriate chemistry for your application, and the opportunity to quickly screen for optimal process parameters to enhance and simplify your process method development.
Starter Kit Contents
- Mustang Q membrane is a strong anion exchanger that effectively binds
plasmid DNA, negatively-charged proteins, and viral particles. Typical binding capacities for Acrodisc units with Mustang Q membranes are:
DNA: 3.6 – 4.5 mg/Acrodisc or 20 – 25 mg/mL membrane volume
BSA: 9 – 11 mg/Acrodisc or 50 – 60 mg/mL membrane volume
- Mustang S membrane is a strong cation exchanger that effectively binds positively-charged proteins and viral particles. Typical binding capacities for Acrodisc units with Mustang S membranes are:
Lysozyme 8 – 9 mg/Acrodisc or
45 – 50 mg/mL membrane volume
- Mustang E membrane features propriety membrane surface modifications to effectively remove endotoxin from water, saline and buffer solutions.
Typical binding capacities for Mustang E membranes are:
- Approximately 500,000 EU/Acrodisc or
approximately 4 x 106 M EU/mL membrane volume
- Under the following conditions: 0.9% sodium chloride
- Minimum challenge level: 10,000 EU/ml
- Minimum challenge volume: 60 mL
- Endotoxin source: Escherichia coli train 055:B5 (no dispersing agents).
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!