The mTRAQ™ Reagents are duplex amine-specific, stable isotope labeled reagents designed for high confidence protein and peptide biomarker verification using MRM analysis on the QTRAP® system and the triple quadrupole mass spectrometers.
* Duplex mass difference tags (Non-Isobaric Amine Tags)
* Established chemistry with > 95% labeling efficiency
* High selectivity MRM based relative quantitation of proteins/peptides/PTMs
* Supports Global Internal Standard workflow for robust reproducible quantitative MRM assays in biomarker verification
* Compatible with fractionation
* Easy transition from iTRAQ® reagent based discovery to verification.
* Significantly more economical compared to synthetic peptide approach for biomarker verification (AQUA) when larger numbers of peptides need to be monitored
* Supported by complete suite of software for biomarker verification, including ProteinPilot™ Software, MRMPilot™ Software, and MultiQuant™ Software
Innovative Peptide Tagging Chemistry
The mTRAQ™ Reagents are duplex non - isobaric peptide labeling reagents that enable you to label all primary amines, regardless of peptide class. The reagents are a variation of iTRAQ Reagent technology, in that the same amine reactive group and similar reporter and balance groups are used (Fig 1). The peptides labeled with the duplex reagents have identical retention time and ionization characteristics but different mass (4 - 8 amu massdifference for Arg and Lys peptides, respectively). The MRM quantitation is performed using the non-isobaric sequence specific ions instead of reporter ions for higher specificity in complex mixtures.
High Confidence BioMarker Verification using Robust Methodology Obtain robust performance with Global Internal Standard (GIS) methodology. The GIS is prepared by labeling pooled samples with heavy mTRAQ reagent. This GIS is then spiked into individual sample labeled with light mTRAQ reagent before MRM analysis (Fig2). This offers significant benefits such as
* Enables normalization and comparison across
o Many patient samples
o Entire duration of the Project
o Multiple instruments / multiple laboratories
* Corrects for experimental inconsistencies
o Injection inconsistencies
o Changes in MS performance
o Changes in LC performance
* Most economical approach
o Enables quantitation of large number of proteins and peptides by providing a more cost effective way to create internal standards.
Complete Solution for Targeted Quantitative Proteomics
One key advantage of being able to analyze hundreds of compounds a week is that you can quickly build a substantial database of optimization conditions. Each time you find an optimized set of conditions for a given compound, DiscoveryQuant software stores it in a networked database, which you can then use in assays at any time, in any location, with other mass spectrometers in other labs– a significant advantage for pharmaceutical companies in the age of globally connected data.
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries