See all reviews
Member since 2010
Read more »
See all reviews
Member since 2006
Read more »
"Very easy to use on day to day basis, very easy to program, intuitive and valuable in a multi-user environment. The only reason it doesn't get 5 for ease of use is that changing tip reels and calibration cannot be done without training."
TTP LabTech’s mosquito® Crystal is the protein crystallographer’s favourite liquid handler. It makes protein crystallography screening faster, more cost-effective and quite simply easier than ever before.
mosquito® Crystal allows you to use smaller volumes (25nL-1200nL) of valuable protein with no risk of cross contamination, resulting in cost savings and enabling a larger number of screening conditions to be studied. You can automate hanging drop, sitting drop, microbatch and seeding or additive screening plate preparation, with no need to make setup changes to the instrument.
mosquito’s accuracy and repeatability means you can place drops centrally in the sub-wells of sitting-drop plates every time. Precise drop placement facilitates automated analysis, thus making your crystals easier to identify.
TTP LabTech’s mosquito® Crystal also allows you to create several multi-component drops per well, even in 96-well hanging drop set-ups so you can assess different protein concentrations at the same time. Uniquely, mosquito® can perform multiple aspirations before a single dispense, which is essential for automating additive screening. You can even dispense a combination of solutions simultaneously – with additional mixing if required – resulting in perfect drop formation.
Application notes and news
- Crystal Structure Determination of a Key Processing Enzyme in Huntington’s Disease
- mosquito® Crystal for the Rapid Screening and Optimisation of Crystallisation Conditions of the Bacterial P...
- TTP Labtech to Showcase Advances in Assay Miniaturization with Mosquito® at SLAS2013
- TTP Labtech Previews New Tools for Confident Protein Crystallography Research at ICCBM
- New Pipetting Instrument for Crystallography to Be Revealed At ACA
- TTP Labtech Offers New iQ Plate for Sitting Drop Det-Ups
- A Unique approach to Hanging Drop Automation
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!