The FRITSCH Mortar Grinder is an all purpose mill suitable for grinding a wide range of materials including hard-brittle to soft-wet. The Universal Grinder for every application! Versatile use – gentle fine grinding – simple working – easy cleaning - practical cryogenic grinding!
Thanks to its special mode of operation, the FRITSCH Mortar Grinder PULVERISETTE 2 is the ideal universal grinder in the laboratory – for analysis, quality control and materials testing as well as for the mixing and homogenisation of pastes and creams on a laboratory scale. Its particularly gentle grinding by friction with almost no thermal load is ideal for the preparation of tablets in galenics. Using liquid nitrogen it also grinds difficult-to-mill samples with moist, fibrous or elastic structures. And the PULVERISETTE 2 is also ideally suited for mixing of solids or liquids and solids. With brief, reliably reproducible grinding and mixing times, it is loss and dust free. For final finenesses of between 10 and 20 μm, with a feed size of 6 – 8 mm and a max. sample quantity of up to 190 ml.
• Easy setting and re-adjustment of the pestle pressure on the mortar wall – for perfect grinding
• The essential downward pestle pressure on the mortar bowl can quickly and easily be exactly adjusted and read off on a scale – for reliable reproducibility
• The optimized FRITSCH scraper kinematics, which are infinitely adjustable on three axes, ensure that the scraper is always perfectly fitted against the inner wall of the mortar bowl and to guide rising material toward the pestle – with manual re-adjustment also during grinding
• The large acrylic window and grinding chamber illuminated with long life LEDs to check the grinding process
• Simple addition of sample materials, liquids and additives during the grinding process
• Sturdy coating of the mortar bowl with high-quality plastic frame – particularly robust, light and with a good grip
Simple working – extremely safe – easy cleaning!
Well-conceived details for efficient working and quick cleaning: the mortar bowl and pestle of the PULVERISETTE 2 lock in place securely thanks to their bayonet clamping with just one motion and are just as quickly removed for cleaning. The pestle pressure can also be easily adjusted during grinding. And the special FRITSCH scraper kinematics ensure that the scraper can be fi ne-tuned in height and depth and that the setting angle to the mortar bowl can be adjusted according to your material and application – all conveniently from the outside. For perfect material feeding.
For special applications: practical cryogenic grinding
The PULVERISETTE 2 is ideally suited for cryogenic grinding, where the material to be ground is embrittled with the addition of liquid nitrogen. In this manner moist, fibrous or elastic samples such as tomatoes, rubber, synthetic resins or plants can be ground without problem in the stainless steel grinding set.
Application notes and news
- Pigment Processing: The Isolation of the Naturally Beautiful
- Scented Toys - Analyzing Allergenic Substances
- Cocoa Beans - Milling and Sizing
- Comminution of Cocoa Beans for Pesticide, Heavy Metal or Mycotoxin Analysis
- Innovative Sample Preparation Solutions from Fritsch
- New Mortar Grinder for Multiple Applications