- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
The MJ Mini 48-well gradient thermal cycler offers individual researchers the quality and features of advanced cyclers. Unlike other personal thermal cyclers, the MJ Mini cycler offers thermal gradient technology - allowing you to optimize reactions for maximum efficiency and accurate quantitation. And with the addition of a MiniOpticon two-color real-time PCR detector, the MJ Mini cycler is converted to the most compact real-time system available.
- Thermal gradient technology that permits simultaneous incubation at 8 different temperatures, for optimizing reactions in a single run
- Ability to upgrade to a MiniOpticon 2-color real-time PCR system
- Superior temperature performance that matches or exceeds that of high-performance 96-well thermal cyclers
- High-performance cycling options, including calculated or block temperature control, automatic temperature increment, automatic time extension, and adjustable ramp rates
- Fully adjustable heated lid that accommodates both full-height and low-profile vessels (for low-volume reactions, <20 µl)
- Durable thermoelectric Peltier modules for lasting performance
- A 6 x 8 sample array that accommodates 0.2 ml tubes, strip tubes, 48-well plates, and up to twelve 0.5 ml tubes
- Memory for up to 400 typical programs
- Large 64 x 128 backlit semigraphical display with graphical editing for rapidly modifying programs
- Power protection so programs will resume after power outages
Easy Programming Options
The MJ Mini cycler offers two easy programming options: A graphic mode allows you to quickly modify basic cycling parameters, while a menu-based text mode allows you to efficiently enter advanced options. During a PCR run, pressing a single key changes the display to show a list of the program's steps; a graphical representation of the protocol's progress with real-time displays of the block, lid, and sample temperatures; or the time remaining in the run.
- Text mode displays program steps and allows entry of advanced options
- "Screen" key can be used to toggle between text and graphic modes
- Graphic mode displays a representation of the cycling protocol and allows quick modification of the temperature and time values. During a PCR run, the graphic mode displays a real-time plot of block, lid, and sample temperatures
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Meharry Medical College
Read more »
"Very reliable, bench space efficient."