MIO™ Monitored Incubators Option
Tecan offers a range of incubator options designed to suit specific environmental conditions and varying capacities.
Numerous applications require accurate and precise control of the environment for all or part of the process. Sometimes changing conditions are required. For this purpose, Tecan’s range of incubators is designed to offer the highest flexibility and level of performance for a range of life science applications.
The Monitored Incubator Option (MIO) series is available for the incubation of standard microplates, including lids and half-height plates, such as cell permeability plates including inserts and lids.
Uniquely Tecan Freedom EVO® and Genesis Freedom platforms allow incubators to be positioned at the side, behind, in front and even below the worktable to save on valuable laboratory space. The robotic manipulator arm accesses plates through an access hole in the worktable.
- The Monitored Incubator Option (MIO) series is available for the incubation of standard microplates, including lids and half-height plates, such as cell permeability plates including inserts and lids.
- The MIO incubator is available in six- or four-slot capacity modules, with or without microplate shaking. Several incubator modules may be combined together to provide different temperatures and environmental conditions. Incubators can be placed on any Freedom EVO or Genesis Series system.
- They are freely mountable at the rear and/or side of the platform and can be loaded and unloaded by the robotic manipulator arm.
- The incubation time is precisely controlled by the Software (Freedom EVOware® scheduling software) to ensure that incubation is accurately scheduled and that the temperature is monitored and logged, guaranteeing the same process steps for every microplate.
- Capacity scale-up. For larger scale applications Tecan links seamlessly to higher capacity incubators with 40, 200, 500 and even up to 1000 microplate capacities