Minstrel DT UV
The Minstrel DT UV is an ultraviolet and visible crystal imaging and protein crystal monitoring system.
It automatically images crystallization experiments and links images with crystallization conditions. This robotic instrument is a major advance over previous visible light microscopy technology because its UV technology can find crystals in complex drops and easily distinguish protein crystals from non-protein crystals (such as salt).
The Minstrel DT UV imager is designed to simplify the inspection and management of experimental plates during a protein crystallization experiment. Designed to fit on a lab bench, the Minstrel DT UV is a fully modular and expandable protein crystal imaging and analysis system. It is the perfect system for labs that are working on difficult conditions, such as membrane proteins, where the crystal may be embedded in precipitate.
The Minstrel DT UV provides the highest optical resolution for combined visible and UV spectrum imaging and employs a 5.0 Megapixel CCD and a single optical train with custom optics and superior optical quality. This allows users to detect crystals where visible imaging falls short.
The Minstrel DT UV imager automatically images crystallization experiments and links images with crystallization conditions. The data is captured in CrystalTrak™, a complete virtual crystallization laboratory, which provides a chemical and crystallization database, data analysis tools, and methods for easily designing optimization and initial crystallization screens. CrystalTrak provides a simple, yet powerful interface, for viewing images and conditions for evaluation and scoring.
Minstrel DT UV Features:
- Combined visible and UV spectrum imaging allows detection of crystals where visible imaging falls short
- Most SBS and Linbro footprint plate types supported
- Operational in temperatures ranging from 4 to 30°C
- Room humidity range: 15 - 85% RH non-condensing
- Bar code tracking
- Patent pending programmable illumination
- Automatic polarization
- Gentle plate handling
- Preloaded with all commercial crystallization screens and chemistry data
- Remote network or internet access to data via CrystalTrak or CrystalTrak Web
- Gallery DT plate hotel option for up to 222 plates