7.5% Mini-PROTEAN® TGX Stain-Free™ Gel, 15 well, 15 μl (456-8026)
The new Mini-PROTEAN TGX Stain-Free precast gels for PAGE are based on the long shelf life TGX (Tris-Glycine eXtended) formulation and include unique trihalo compounds that allow rapid fluorescent detection of proteins with teh Gel Doc™ EZ or ChemiDoc™ MP imaging systems.
The TGX Stain-Free gels retain Laemmli-like separation characteristics using the standard sample and Tris/glycine running buffers. The proteins in the gel can be separated in as little as 15 minutes and then visualized in as little as 2.5 minutes. The trihalo compounds react with tryptophan residues in a UV-induced reaction to produce fluorescence, which can be easily detected by the Gel Doc EZ or ChemiDoc MP imagers within gels or on PVDF membranes.
Package of 10, 7.5%, 8.6 x 6.7 cm (W x L) precast polyacrylamide gels, for use with Mini-PROTEAN electrophoresis cells and stain-free enabled imagers.
7.5% Mini-PROTEAN® TGX Stain-Free™ Gel, 15 well, 15 μl (456-8026) benefits include:
- Run times as short as 15 minutes
- Transfer proteins in as little as 15 minutes; verify transfer to membrane with a stain-free enabled imager
- Inexpensive Laemmli buffer system, low running costs
- Gel images and complete analysis in less than 5 minutes after electrophoresis
- Comparable sensitivity to Coomassie stain
- Better reproducibility and quantitation compared to staining procedures
- One gel for western blotting, staining, and mass spectrometry
- Opening lever is 100% aluminum and recyclable