See all reviews
Member since 2012
Read more »
"The generator is very reliable with little downtime. Apart from routine maintenance, the yearly service visit is all that's needed from the manufacturer."
The MicroMax™ 007 HF is the most widely used home lab X-ray source for protein crystallography.
The original MicroMax™ 007 introduced the world to the concept of a sub-100 micron focal spot size along the increased brilliance that can be more effectively used to illuminate small crystals. The current HF version increases the power loading by 50% over the original model providing an X-ray source that rivals second generation synchrotron sources - but with better beam stability and, of course, easy access.
Productivity can be measured in many ways but the up-time of a system is perhaps one of the most important issues. Unlike competing products, the MicroMax-007 HF was designed with up-time in mind. Filament changes are quick and painless with Rigaku microfocus generators. Superior Rigaku engineering has reduced this service headache to a 45 minute maintenance routine of simply changing a cartridge.
Featuring a robust direct-drive anode, the MicroMax-007 HF compact tower assembly contains both the vacuum chamber and turbo-molecular pump for fast pump downs.
MicroMax-007 HF Features:
- Smallest focal spot size available on a rotating anode generator (70 μm diameter circle)
- 1.2 kW power in a small beam provides greater flux density and less background for small samples
- Unique pre-aligned and pre-crystallized filament cartridges minimize maintenance
- Anode head can easily be moved and positioned for optimal experimental configuration
- Choice of anode materials: Cu, Cr, Mo, and Co
- Two ports for optimal use of instrument investment
- Extended anode and filament lifetimes
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!