Fast sampling of emissions from products and materials.
The Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor™ (µ-CTE™) is a versatile and compact unit with up to six small cylindrical chambers that enables the sampling of chemicals released from products or materials. Released volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds (VOCs and SVOCs) are collected onto sorbent tubes for analysis by TD–GC–MS.
The capability of the Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor has been further extended by the release of the Humidifier Accessory, which supplies the Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor with air or gas at up to 50% relative humidity.
- The four-chamber model has a chamber volume of 114 mL and a maximum temperature of 250°C.
- The six-chamber model has a chamber volume of 44 mL and a maximum temperature of 120°C.
- Volatiles are collected on sorbent tubes for analysis by TD–GC–MS; also compatible with DNPH cartridges for formaldehyde monitoring.
- No sample preparation needed – simply place the material in the chamber.
- A constant flow of heated air or gas ensures rapid production of a representative VOC/SVOC profile.
- Results can be correlated with longer-term reference methods.
- Construction from inert-coated stainless steel – compatibility with reactive or thermally labile chemicals.
- Accessories allow surface-only sampling or permeation testing.
- An optional humidifier accessory (available for both models of microchamber) supplies air/gas at up to 50% relative humidity to allow closer simulation of conditions used in reference tests and to enhance the recovery of some less-volatile polar compounds.
- Save time and money by minimising the need for third-party reference tests.
- Convienient and fast – test multiple samples in minutes, not days, for efficient quality control.
- Confidence in results – Data from the Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor has been shown to correlate with longer-term reference-test results.
- Avoid tedious and time-consuming sample preparation – simply place your sample in the microchamber.
- Complies with international standard methods ISO 12219-3 (interior air of road vehicles) and ASTM D7706 (rapid screening of VOC emissions from products).
- Peace-of-mind – you are buying a quality product from the recognised leader in thermal desorption instrumentation
- RMicro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor analysing strawberriesapid emissions screening of materials used indoors and in vehicles, especially to aid compliance with regulations and safety labels.
- Product R&D and formulation of lower-emitting products.
- Testing of raw materials and production-line quality control.
- Comparison with competitors’ products.
- Testing permeation of vapours through materials.
- Aroma profiling of foods or fragranced materials.