Andor’s new Mechelle ME5000 Spectrograph
has been designed to provide simultaneous recording of a wide wavelength range (200-975 nm) in one acquisition. It has no moving components is available in a pre-aligned detector/spectrometer format. The Andor Mechelle spectrograph is based on the echelle grating principal and its patented optical design provides extremely low cross-talk and maximum resolution compared with other spectrographs.
Key features include:
• A highly optimized, patented high throughput design with patented corrected off axis optics to enable the user to achieve maximum throughput and optimum Gaussian line shape and resolution
• Software correction using temperature sensor
• Constant spectral resolution (CSR) of minimum 5,000: the Mechelle always resolves the same fraction of the wavelength, implying that the disperation in units of nm/pixel, as a fraction of the wavelength.
• A robust compact and portable design ensuring no moving components
• Hands-on software - direct and responsive
• The speed of the system is only dependent on the integration time, readout rate of the camera and PC capabilities