- Ease of use
- After sales service
- Value for money
The MaxCyte STX uses scalable electroporation for high quality (co)transfection of a variety of cells. It has the largest repertoire of compatible cell lines, as well as historically difficult to transfect cells such as primary cells, Jurkat and CHO cells, allowing researchers the flexibility to use their cell system of choice for cellular screening and protein production. The MaxCyte STX produces high level transfection efficiencies and cell viability enabling quality performance of the transfected cells in downstream functional assays including GPCR and Ion Channel screening.
The MaxCyte® STX™ Scalable Transfection System is a highly versatile, benchtop transfection platform that enables rapid and consistent production of transfected cells for use in Protein Production, High Throughput Screening (HTS), High Content Screening (HCS), and other cell-based assays. The MaxCyte STX uses proprietary flow electroporation technology to transfect primary cells, cell lines, and stem cells with a variety of biomolecules including DNA, RNA, siRNA, proteins or other molecules of interest. Flow electroporation provides for high cell loading efficiency and viability with unmatched reproducibility. This single platform can be used for small scale transfection (5x105 cells in seconds) ideal for assay development as well as large scale, bulk transfections (1x1010 cells in 20-30 minutes) often required for screening and protein production. Transfected cells can be used in a wide range of assays immediately following electroporation. If more suitable to assay scheduling, transfected cells can also be aliquoted and cryopreserved for future use.
Use the MaxCyte STX to:
• transfect 1 x 1010 cells in <30 minutes
• transfect primary cells & difficult-to-transfect cell lines
• express GPCR and multi-subunit Ion Channels
• perform large-scale protein production
• eliminate stable cell lines & transfection reagents
• lower your screening costs with high productivity
This platform provides a cost effective solution that uniquely fulfills the demands of all early phase drug development activities. The MaxCyte STX can help you develop assays faster, and in more biologically relevant cell types, increasing the productivity of your laboratory while improving the quantity and quality of your drug candidates.
Application notes and news
- Increased Laboratory Productivity for CHO Cell Antibody Production Using Scalable Transient Gene Expression
- Development of Fully Scalable Reporter Gene Assays for Studying Transcriptional Regulation and Receptor Act...
- Primary Cell and Stem Cell-based Assays Enabled using MaxCyte Transient Transfection System
- Rapid Development of a High Titer Protein Production Method with CHO Cells Transiently Transfected using Ma...
- High Throughput Transfection of Stem Cells, Primary Cells and Difficult-to-Transfect Cell Lines: Jurkat, CH...
- Rapid Production of Cells for Screening Voltage-Gated Ion Channels in Automated Electrophysiology Assays Us...
- Rapid Antibody and Protein Production using the MaxCyte® STX™ Transfection System
- MaxCyte Showcases Innovations in High-Throughput Transfection for Cell-based Assays & Difficult-to-Transfec...
- MaxCyte® STX™ Scalable Transfection System Simplifies Protein and Antibody Production
- MaxCyte Highlights Innovations in High-throughput Transfection for Cell-based Assays & Protein Production
- Expression of Functional Ion Channels Using the MaxCyte STX Demonstrated in Automated Electrophysiology Ass...
- Flow Electroporation Capabilities and Case Studies: Rapid GPCR Screening and Functional Ion Channel Assays
- Improve Drug Discovery Screening with the MaxCyte STX Scalable Transfection System
- Improve Cell Transfection With The MaxCyte® STX™ Scalable Transfection System at LabAutomation 2010
See all reviews
Member since 2013
University of California, San Diego
Read more »
"This is a good tool. I use it in my research. "
See all reviews
Member since 2011
Read more »
"This system is very easy to use, a new operator can be trained in minutes. It is fast, transfections can be completed in seconds. Very versatile- it is applicable to most cell lines and drug targets."