Reduced evaporation for better reproducibility
Protocols for DNA library construction often include long incubation steps at high temperatures. During this step, substantial evaporation of your reaction volume can occur. The Mastercycler® pro from Eppendorf features the special vapo.protect-technology to reduce evaporation.
While common PCR instruments press a metal plate onto the PCR consumables, the vapo.protect lid covers the PCR consumables with a cushion that fits to the shape of the consumables – no matter which consumables you use. The snug fit of the cushion, the high pressure of the lid and the excellent heating capabilities of the lid reduce evaporation to a minimum, even at the rim wells. .
At the same time, the block of the Mastercycler pro offer excellent homogeneity and very fast ramp rates. All this allows you to stay in a 96-well scheme with your entire workflow.
Features & Benefits:
• Extremely fast heating and cooling rates for fast PCR runs
• Ultimate reduction of evaporation for reproducible results
• Gradient blocks with SteadySlope® technology
• Intuitive graphic programming
• 2 years warranty
• Long incubation steps, e.g. in NGS DNA library prep
• Fast PCR
• Low volume PCR
• Optimizing PCR with a gradient
Discover the Mastercycler pro from Eppendorf here.