Magne™ Protein A Beads are magnetic affinity beads with high specificity and high capacity for purification of immunoglobulins from cell culture media, ascites and serum samples. These paramagnetic beads are composed of iron encapsulated in macroporous cellulose with low nonspecific binding. The magnetic beads use a novel attachment chemistry to immobilize recombinant Protein G or Protein A protein molecules in the same orientation on the surface of the bead. The oriented attachment is known to improve the functionality of immobilized proteins. These beads offer a convenient method for achieving high purity and high recovery of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies from a variety of biological samples. The superb magnetic properties of Magne™ Protein G and Magne™ Protein A Beads allow rapid and efficient capture of antibodies either with manually processed samples or in a high-throughput manner using the Promega ReliaPrep™ LV 32 HSM Instrument or a robotic platform such as the Beckman Coulter Biomek® FX.
Features and Benefits
• High Capacity: Binding capacities in excess of 25mg per milliliter of settled beads are observed depending on antibody species and isotype.
• Ease of Handling: Minimize losses during purification and increase sample throughput due to exceptional magnetic properties.
• High Purity: Ensure high-quality purification because of low nonspecific binding on beads.
• Optimized Performance: Use validated antibody purification methods for small (20µl) to medium (50ml) sample volumes.
• Antibody purification from serum, ascites and cell-media samples.
• Automated, high-throughput antibody purification.
• Antibody purification and concentration from small-volume or dilute source material.