LUMIstar Omega - Luminescence Microplate Reader
LUMIstar Omega - Flexible Luminometer for Measuring Flash and Glow Luminescence
The LUMIstar Omega is a compact and modular microplate luminescence reader that is designed for the widest possible range of applications based on luminescence labels including BRET assays. The LUMIstar Omega is also DLReadyTM certified from Promega.
Additional outstanding features of the LUMIstar Omega include top and bottom reading, incubation up to 45°C or 65°C, up to two “smart” reagent injectors, gas vent connection for atmosphere exchange inside the reader and well-established Reader Control and powerful MARS Data Analysis Software.
The LUMIstar Omega also offers the most flexible gas control system available in a microplate reader. The microprocessor controlled ACU (Atmospheric Control Unit), in combination with the Omega’s other features such as temperature control (up to 65°C) and shaking (orbital, double orbital and linear), can reproduce most physiological conditions making cell-based assays more biologically relevant. Independent O2 and CO2 regulation, together with continuous monitoring, provides a walk away assay solution for extended cell based experiments and much more.
- Luciferase reporter gene assays, ß-galactosidase, gene activities with luminescence substrates (e.g. luminol, acridinium esters, dioxetanes, etc.)
- Luminescent immunoassays
- Cell-based assays (e.g. cytotoxity, apoptosis and proliferation)
- Intracellular Ca2+ with aequorin
- Ion channel, GPCR screening
- ATP assays
- GUS assays (ß-glucuronidase)
- ROS (reactive oxygen species)
- Enzyme activity assays
- Nucleic acid detection (PCR quantification)
Application notes and news
- Monitoring Intracellular Ca2+ Fluxes with CloneticsTM Primary Sensors using the LUMIstar Omega
- A Fast and Simple Method For Measuring P-Glycoprotein (Pgp) Inhibition
- Luminescent ABEL® Antioxidant Test Kit with PHOLASIN® for Vitamin C Type Antioxidants
- Promega’s P450-Glo™ Luminescent Cytochrome P450 Assay Using the FLUOstar OPTIMA
- The Omega Series Microplate Reader with ACU Feature: The Complete and Individual Control of O2 and CO2
- BMG LABTECH – The Microplate Reader Company - at the SBS 2009 Conference
- BMG LABTECH introduces their latest range of next generation Multimode Microplate readers
- MARS data analysis software available for all BMG LABTECH microplate readers
- BMG LABTECH announces the new PHERAstar Plus – HTRF® reading always one step ahead
- BMG LABTECH releases the new evaluation software, MARS
- BMG LABTECH to present the Omega-series at LabAutomation2008
- DLReady™ Certification for the Omega Series of Microplate Readers - BMG LABTECH’s Newest Series of Multifun...
- BMG LABTECH announces the new Omega series – the world’s first multimode microplate readers with UV/Vis spe...
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!