Leica TCS SP8 STED
The Leica TCS SP8 STED super-resolution microscope allows you to discover more and provides fast, intuitive, purely optical access to structural details smaller than 50 nm.
Studying subcellular architecture and dynamics with conventional fluorescence microscopy can be challenging as structures smaller than 200 nm are lost. Stimulated Emission Depletion (STED) microscopy is a stunningly simple way to overcome the diffraction limit - where fluorescence is generated is scaled down to sub-diffraction size. Stimulated emission switches off the ability of the dye to fluoresce in the periphery of the excitation spot yielding confocal super-resolution pixel by pixel.
STED microscopy does not rely on mathematics. What you see is what you get. Of course, results can be improved further by deconvolution. Just one click instantly switches from confocal to super-resolution, even during a live scan. Within seconds, imaging parameters can be optimized and super-resolved images obtained.
Leica TCS SP8 STED Benefits:
- Resolve Details Smaller than 50 nm Quickly and Directly - Just one click instantly switches from confocal to super-resolution, even during a live scan. Within seconds, imaging parameters can be optimized and super-resolved images obtained.
- Study Dynamics in Living Cells at the Nanoscale - STED microscopy minimizes the effect of sample drift and combines intrinsic optical sectioning capability and fast image acquisition.
- Perform Colocalization Studies with Dual Color STED Imaging - immediate access to dual color super-resolution images. The same STED doughnut is used for both quasi-simultaneously acquired colors. This empowers colocalization studies at the nanoscale without the need to compensate for chromatic aberrations or sample drift.
- Enjoy the Freedom to Choose Popular Fluorescent Dyes and Proteins - STED microscopy works with standard fluorophores such as Alexa 488, Oregon Green 488 and FITC and does not rely on oxygen depletion or reducing agents in the embedding medium. Also eYFP, Citrin and eGFP yield convincing results.
Application notes and news
Why make an enquiry with SelectScience?
- EASY It’s quick and simple to do
- FAST Your enquiry will be delivered straight to the manufacturer
- FREE You’re under no obligation
- SECURE We only pass your details on to trusted suppliers at your request
- SAVE TIME Submit your details once and make multiple enquiries