The Kb DNA Ladder contains fragments from 1 kb to 10 kb at 1-kb increments, as well as bands at 250 bp, 500 bp, 750 bp, 1500 bp and 12 kb. The bands at the ladder™s upper end are brighter than those at the lower end, with the transition to higher intensity at the 2-kb band serving as a useful reference point.
- Fragments are exact multiples or fractions of 1000 bp
- Includes useful reference point for determining location
- More economical than comparable markers
- Easy radiolabeling of ladder
- Known mass amount of each fragment for DNA quantitation
- 15 fragments ranging in size from 250 bp to 12 kb