iXon Ultra 897 EMCCD Camera
See all reviews
Member since 2012
Post Doc / Research Fellow
Academia / University
Ecole Normale Superieure
Read more »
"The iXon EMCCD is easy to integrate with any microscope control software. Furthermore, it is easy to install even for inexperienced users."
Facilitated by a fundamental redesign, the NEW iXon Ultra platform takes the popular back-illuminated 512 x 512 frame transfer sensor and overclocks readout to 17 MHz, pushing speed performance to an outstanding 56 fps (full frame), whilst maintaining quantitative stability throughout.
The status of ‘Ultimate Sensitivity’ is also preserved in this model, offering thermoelectric cooling down to -100°C and industry-lowest clock induced charge noise. Additional unique features of the iXon Ultra include USB connectivity and direct raw data access for on the fly processing. EMCCD and conventional CCD readout modes provide heightened application flexibility, with a new ‘low and slow’ noise performance in CCD mode.
Application notes and news
- New sCMOS vs. Current Microscopy Cameras
- Dynamic Range & EMCCDs – Uncovering the Facts
- Andor Launches ‘Optically Centered Crop Mode’ for Live Cell Super-Resolution Microscopy
- Advanced Solutions for Simultaneous Multi-Wavelength Imaging Launched
- Extended Quantum Efficiency Performance for EMCCDs
- EMCCD Camera for Ultra High Performance