The IVIS Spectrum is PerkinElmer's market-leading preclinical imaging system. Like previous IVIS systems, it uses Xenogen’s novel patented optical imaging technology to facilitate non-invasive longitudinal monitoring of disease progression, cell trafficking, and gene expression patterns in living animals. The IVIS Spectrum's optimized set of high efficiency filters and spectral un-mixing algorithms lets you take full advantage of bioluminescent and fluorescent reporters across the blue to near infrared wavelength region. It also offers single-view 3D tomography for both fluorescent and bioluminescent reporters that can be analyzed in an anatomical context using our Digital Mouse Atlas.
For advanced fluorescence imaging, the IVIS Spectrum has the capability to use either trans-illumination (from the bottom) or epi-illumination (from the top) to illuminate in vivo fluorescent sources. 3D diffuse fluorescence tomography can be performed to determine source localization and concentration using the combination of structured light and trans illumination fluorescent images. The instrument is equipped with 10 narrow band excitation filters (30nm bandwidth) and 18 narrow band emission filters (20nm bandwidth) that assist in significantly reducing autofluorescence by the spectral scanning of filters and the use of spectral unmixing alogrithms. In addition, the spectral unmixing tools allow the researcher to separate signals from multiple fluorescent reporters within the same animal.
Application notes and news
- Applications in Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine
- Novel Tumor Targeting Near Infrared Fluorescent Probes
- Advances in 3D Optical Imaging Quantification and Sensitivity
- In vivo Bioluminescent Imaging for Non-Invasive Detection and Quantification of Mouse Tumours
- Caliper Life Sciences IVIS® Optical Imaging System Adoption Surpasses 1000 Units
- Caliper Introduces Micro CT System for Longitudinal Studies at AACR 2010
Join the Global SelectScience Community Today! It’s FREE!
Helping you make informed decisions about the latest lab products and technologies:
- Be the first to learn about new technologies
- 10,000+ trusted product reviews from your peers
- Compare 500,000 products and manufacturers
- Get exclusive buying tips from experts
- Find solutions fast: 10,000+ Application Notes, Webinars and Videos
Connect with 250,000 scientists... All in one place!