The first non-fluorescent (dark) quencher compatible with a wide range of visible and near-infrared fluorophores (~500 – 800 nm):
- Used for FRET (fluorescence resonance energy transfer) applications such as protease assays
- Efficient non-fluorescent quenching of near-infrared (NIR) dyes
- Caspase-3 Protease Assay substrate
- Widest available quenching range – no need to carefully match the donor's fluorescence spectrum with the acceptor's absorbance
- Pair IRDye QC-1 with any visible or near-infrared fluorophore within its wide wavelength range
- Quenches common fluorophores with >97% efficiency.