IonPac® CS18 Cation-Exchange Column
Low-Capacity Cation-Exchange Column for the Separation of Polar Amines
The IonPac® CS18 carboxylate-functionalized cation-exchange column is tailored for the separation of polar amines including alkanolamines and methylamines, and moderately hydrophobic and polyvalent amines including biogenic amines and alkyl diamines, using simple aqueous eluents and elevated temperature. The CS18 is ideally used with RFIC systems for automatic methanesulfonic acid eluent generation.
The IonPac CS18 cation-exchange column supports isocratic and gradient separations of polar amines, moderately hydrophobic amines, and polyvalent cations using suppressed conductivity detection. The CS18 column with nonsuppressed conductivity detection is recommended when extended calibration linearity for ammonium or weak bases is required. The CS18 can be used for many of the nonsuppressed applications supported by the IonPac SCS-1 column but with much greater column stability.
IonPac® CS18 Cation-Exchange Column Features:
- For amines including alkanolamines and methylamines in diverse sample matrices
- For moderately-hydrophobic amines including biogenic amines, alkyl diamines, and polyvalent amines
- Optimized for simple acidic gradient separations with minimal baseline shift
- Ideal Reagent-Free electrolytic suppression with the Cation Self-Regenerating Suppressor CSRS® 300
- Compatible with moderate amounts of organic solvents, excluding alcohols
- Requires only a modest acid concentration to elute polyvalent cations
- Particle Size: 6 µm
- Length: 50, 250 mm
- ID: 2.0 mm